Logan had decided to hide the Walrus Document in his house, in
his schoolbooks. Nobody would ever think of looking in his schoolbooks, Logan
reckoned. Flo P, Saraha and Ji-Ji hadn’t been over since they’d found it… Logan
found himself pining for interaction with them. They, after all, were the only
friends he’d ever had.
Suddenly, the phone rang, and jerked him from his sad stupor.
“Hello?” his mother asked downstairs. “Yes, yes, oh, hello! One moment, Flo P,
I’ll just give you to Logan.”
Logan felt his heart beating, almost as much as when Commander
Brack had confronted him, but it was a lot more alive, like hot chocolate was
pumping in his veins. He grabbed the phone, and was so nervous he squeaked,
“HELLO!”
“Oh, hi, Logan!” Logan marveled at how smooth she was – he was
so nervous his hands were shaking, and he almost dropped the phone. “I was
wondering if we could get together and talk about ‘the whale-fish pages.’”
“Yes, of course,” Logan said, his voice squeaking again. He
felt like he was a door that needed oil on its hinges.
In the background, he heard a loud voice yell, “I FEEL LIKE
SUCH A GOOSEGOG! I WILL NOW GO TO THE BATHROOM SO YOU CAN ROMANTICALLY ASK TO SNOG
LOGAN ON A PRE-ARRANGED TIME PERIOD. Saraha audibly stomped off. Logan could
almost feel her grinning, and he felt himself blush.
“Sorry about Saraha, the big chump,” Flo P said. “I was saying
– I think we should discuss it. What do you think? I don’t want to sound
paranoid, as I’ve found myself becoming lately…” She paused, thinking, then
said: “But I think it should be in a normal environment, so it doesn’t attract attention.”
“GOOD IDEA!” said Logan, then carefully lowered his squeak and
volume. “How about we meet at the café tomorrow at 3 o’clock?”
“Sure thing!” said Flo P.
“HEY, YOU PRE-ASSEMBLED SNOGGERS, JI-JI’S HERE!” boomed a voice
in the background. “SHALL I LET HER IN? NAH, SHE’S TOO MUCH OF A BARNACLE.”
“Sorry, Logan! I have to control my friend – she’s eaten too
much raw sugar!” said Flo P, and abruptly hung up.
Logan felt shivers run up his spine. He’d just had a phone
conversation with a girl,
and for his standards, it had gone quite normally. Now there was something for the books!
Later,
the four friends met up at the local café. The problem was, Logan was too
scared to read the Walrus Document, and besides being chicken, he also felt as
if it was going to bring bad things.
“Hello,
all,” said Saraha, last as usual. She went to the counter and ordered a hot
chocolate, the came back to the table, where her friends were chatting idly.
“The problem is,” Saraha said, bringing them back to the pressing issue, “we
don’t know what that Document is, but that’s because
Logan’s too scared. Although, I do agree with him.”
Flo
P gaped.
Saraha
narrowed her eyes. “Why are you so surprised? We could be tortured for
information or something, and then it’d be all Logan’s fault. If that’s not
overly melodramatic. ANYWAY, I think we should get ready. Nothing may happen,
but I just know it will.”
“Get
ready?” asked Ji-Ji.
Logan
spoke up. “You know, pack.” His voice dropped to a whisper. “What if we have to
leave? What if they try to get at it?”
Flo
P looked alarmed, Ji-Ji looked like she was planning already, but Saraha and
Logan looked like they had expected it all along, though Saraha looked slightly
disgusted by this.
“I
can’t believe it’s come to this. Don’t you think we’re overreacting?” asked Flo
P.
“No,
it is entirely thought out. I have been brooding on it for days,” Logan
confessed. “It is the only way.” He nodded, grabbed his mug, and took a heart
swig, banging it back down on the table. It was settled.
No comments:
Post a Comment